We will follow a 6 step tried & true method that I have developed in the last 20 years of designing and dressmaking…which has a 100% success rate.
1. We will collaborate on your chosen design, usually via email but often in person. Based on these details I will give you an estimate, which is separated into two parts; labour and materials.
2 Given your approval of the estimated labour and material cost, I will assess your fabric options (a service that is built into the labour portion of the quote). We will make the final decision in store together at which point you will be required to pay for the chosen materials. (see Payment Schedule) The materials come home with me; I begin the pattern making process.
3. The muslin stage – 1st fitting, we fine tune. This is where you try on the simplified version of your dress in muslin form, all of the adjustments to fit and any changes to the pattern are made in this stage.
4. Dressmaking – 2nd fitting, the dress is together in your chosen fabric but unfinished, and we will determine any adjustments needed.
5. The most time consuming stage of all!… Finishing with fine attention to detail – this is all me.
6. Completion! … There could still be minor adjustments, it has to be perfect! If they are indeed minor I can do them while you wait… if not there will be a finale appointment for pick-up.
(For those considering a custom dress that do not live in Vancouver, you must be physically present for steps 2, 3, 4 & 6)